Jerpoint Cistercian Abbey
- Carrigan, William. The History and Antiquities of the Diocese of Ossory. Dublin: Roberts Books, 1981.
- Carville, Geraldine. The Occupation of Celtic Sites in Medieval Ireland by the Canons Regular of St Augustine and the Cistercians. Kalamazoo: Cistercian Publications, 1982.
- Flanagan, Marie Therese. Irish Royal Charters: Texts and Contexts. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005.
- Gwynn, Aubrey, and R.N. Hadcock. Medieval Religious Hourses: Ireland. Dublin: Irish Academic Press, 1970, pp. 122, 128.
- Lynch, Breda, A Monastic Landscape: The Cistercians in Medieval Ireland, (2010)
- Mac Niocaill, G. Na manaigh liatha in Éirinn c.1142-c.1600 (Baile Átha Cliath, 1959).
- O’Byrne, Emmett. ‘Mac Gilla Pátraic (MacGillapatrick), Domnall’ in Dictionary of Irish Biography.
- Ó Conbhuide, Colmcille, ‘The Origins of Jerpoint Abbey, Co. Kilkenny’, Cîteaux; Commentarii Cistercienses, XIV (1963)
- O’Keeffe, Tadhg. Romanesque Ireland: Architecture, Sculpture and Ideology in the Twelfth Century. Dublin: Four Courts, 2003.
- Stalley, Roger. Cistercian Monasteries of Ireland: An Account of the History, Art and Architecture of the White Monks in Ireland from 1142-1540. London and New Haven: Yale University Press, 1987.
- Stephen of Lexington, Letters from Ireland 1228 – 1229 (translated and with an introduction by Barry W. O’Dwyer), (Kalamazoo, 1982)