Jerpoint Cistercian Abbey
- Carrigan, William. The History and Antiquities of the Diocese of Ossory.¬† Dublin: Roberts Books, 1981.
- Carville, Geraldine. The Occupation of Celtic Sites in Medieval Ireland by the Canons Regular of St Augustine and the Cistercians. Kalamazoo: Cistercian Publications, 1982.
- Flanagan, Marie Therese. Irish Royal Charters: Texts and Contexts.¬† Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005.
- Gwynn, Aubrey, and R.N. Hadcock. Medieval Religious Hourses: Ireland. Dublin: Irish Academic Press, 1970, pp. 122, 128.
- Lynch, Breda,¬†A Monastic Landscape: The Cistercians in Medieval Ireland, (2010)
- Mac Niocaill, G. Na manaigh liatha in √Čirinn c.1142-c.1600 (Baile √Ātha Cliath, 1959).
- O‚ÄôByrne, Emmett. ‚ÄėMac Gilla P√°traic (MacGillapatrick), Domnall‚Äô in Dictionary of Irish Biography.
- √ď Conbhuide, Colmcille, ‚ÄėThe Origins of Jerpoint Abbey, Co. Kilkenny‚Äô, C√ģteaux; Commentarii Cistercienses, XIV (1963)
- O‚ÄôKeeffe, Tadhg. Romanesque Ireland: Architecture, Sculpture and Ideology in the Twelfth Century.¬† Dublin: Four Courts, 2003.
- Stalley, Roger. Cistercian Monasteries of Ireland: An Account of the History, Art and Architecture of the White Monks in Ireland from 1142-1540.¬† London and New Haven: Yale University Press, 1987.
- Stephen of Lexington, Letters from Ireland 1228 – 1229 (translated and with an introduction by Barry W. O’Dwyer), (Kalamazoo, 1982)